Sunday, February 16, 2014

Reaching the Summit



The suitcase is almost packed and I'm in the midst of organizing charging cords for my iPad, iPhone, laptop, Google Glass, etc. Notebooks, pens, and business cards - check!

Next week is the Qualtrics Insights Summit. Industry leaders, Qualtrics product experts and users from around the country will gather in Salt Lake City for two days to hear great keynotes, participate in breakout sessions, network, and take advantage of 'ask the expert' sessions with Qualtrics staff.  

Full disclosure, we are very new clients of Qualtrics, just as of January 1st. So my team is still in training mode learning the software and all it can do. So the Summit couldn't have come at a better time to ask lots (and lots) of questions!

It will be great to see and hear the always fabulous Dan Ariely, Fred Reichheld, Bruce Temkin and other speakers...and two of my favorite client-side researchers Marisa Paruch and Susan Topel (I blogged about Susan's talk at TMRE here and Marisa's work here).  

I'll be interested to see how the Qualtrics team weaves in this year’s conference theme of “Be Right” – to helping us gather the insights needed to make the right decisions for our organizations. 

I'll be live-tweeting the keynote sessions and some of the breakout sessions (for the latter I'll likely be furiously taking notes to bring back to the office) so keep a watch on Twitter @InsightsGal for the play by play, and I'll be posting recaps of Wednesday and Thursday here on the blog. 

Also, this will be the first time I'll be able to really use my Glass in a conference setting. As I mentioned in my previous blog, I hope to be doing a lot more test driving of Glass this spring as I travel to conferences and do research at our own company events and tradeshows. 

Not that it's all work and no play! Nope, that's why they have a #partylikeaQstar hashtag. Seriously! The entertainment for the Summit includes Boyz II Men and Third Eye Blind. You can bet I'll use that hashtag once or twice, just because I can.

I have crazy love for the mountains, and I'm hoping that my hotel room looks out at the beautiful Wasatch Range (fingers crossed!). I'm also looking forward to hearing from speakers and research and software experts that help us all make sense of mountains of data (see what I did there?). 

If you will be at the Summit next week, please do stop by and say hello - I'd love to meet or reconnect. Just look for the gal with the Glass - I won't be hard to find!

No comments: